Thursday, January 29, 2009

Well, the blog has finally arrived. It has taken a little longer than I had anticipated to get started. I'm one of those people who, regarding computers, only know how to do what I know how to do and thus, until now, I have not known how to do this blogging. But I do now, and away we go.

Many people wondered why I had Judge Mike Wetherell swear me in to the ACHD Commission instead of Gov Butch Otter as did the others. It's not that I don't like the Governor, I do, it's just that I was never told what was going to happen at the swearing in, or who was going to do the swearing in, until much too late. I figured I needed to get my own person and I was so happy that Mike was able to do it for me. We had served together for 16 years on the Boise City Council and it was a thrill for me to have my good friend do this favor for me.

I plan on using this blog to highlight areas of ACHD in which I think the public would have an interest. Among other topics, I'll be relating how the votes went and why I voted why I did, whether it's in the majority or the minority. I am a big proponent of transparency and I think ACHD can do a much better job of being transparent. While we put our regular Commission meetings on TVTV and online, oftentimes the decisions are made in a forum that are not readily accessible to the public.

After all, everything ACHD does, every report they produce or expense form that's filled out or every bid that's let is something the public has already paid for. I feel part of my job is to keep the lines of communication open.

Tell me what you think. Tell me what you want to know. You can e-mail me at sara@sarabakerforachd.com.

And please go to sarabakerforachd.com to read the text of the remarks I made at my swearing in. There you can also go to the page with my campaign promises. I'll be posting on how I'm meeting (or trying to meet as the case may be) those promises.

Thank's for checkin in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home